Careers : Air Permitting Specialist
The successful applicant will perform professional work related to air permitting and compliance for the benefit of regulated entities. The work requires a professional knowledge of regulations and permitting processes. An understanding and the ability to utilize pertinent aspects of chemistry and public health are also pertinent functions.
- 5+ years of experience with preparing permit applications for individual permits, general permits (GP), and permits by rule (PBR).
- Demonstrated competence and familiarity with NESHAP and NSPS rules.
- Detail oriented to assist in filing annual air emissions inventories.
- Interest in becoming opacity certified and in taking VE readings routinely.
- Experience with oil & gas and manufacturing are considered a plus.
- Flexibility and interest in occasionally working in other area/medias.
- The ability to evaluate compliance of conditions, either existing or proposed, and direct efforts to achieve and maintain satisfactory results.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and clients to direct environmental reviews. Provide guidelines and assistance with training as required. Interact with outside vendors as necessary to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Investigate, measure, and evaluate environmental conditions and execute relevant research, development, planning, design, advisory, and related activities.
- Communications Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Minimal overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
B.S. degree in environmental engineering, management, policy, science, or a related science field plus at least three years of experience in that field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blackshare is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome resumes from all interested parties without regard to the applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, or national origin.
Qualified applicants may contact us by any of the methods shown below.
Online Click Here
Fax (918) 388-0971
Address Human Resources, 5121 S Wheeling Avenue, Tulsa, OK 74105